Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School....



We went on vacation last week, but I will post about that later. Yesterday was the first day of school for both boys. Will started 4th grade, he has the privelage of having the same teacher he had last year. She moved from 3rd grade to 4th, and he was placed back in her room. We could not be more excited! She is a wonderful lady and Will loved the 3rd grade. We are looking forward to a great 4th grade year.

Alex started 1st grade. He has the same teacher Will had in first grade. We love Mrs. Grice. Alex was very excited to be in her class. He has some friends from last year in his class as well, so he was excited about that too. He is really looking forward to 1st grade. He like to read and he LOVES math, so he wants to do lots of those.

It is really hard for me to believe that I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader. I blinked and they weren't babies anymore. They are both doing so well and after today, I am sure we will start the drop off line again. I know I should be thrilled that they are independent and don't "need" me, but the mommy's heart in me is sad. There are days I would love babies forever, but not really. Ha! So here's to my big boys. We are looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

berit_k said...

my heart hurts too- you're not alone!