Monday, September 1, 2008

People...

Okay, I am learning all kinds of things from this adventure, if you will. First, I will think LONG and HARD before I stare at someone ever again. I will "smack" my kids when I see them doing it to! I haven't been able to get out much. I can't drive for another couple of days, my reflexes aren't where they should be in my neck, I can't turn very far or very fast.
Mike has gotten me out a couple of times. We went to lunch and Wal-mart, even made it to Kroger. However, it almost kills my soul to get out of the car. For those of you who haven't seen me, I have a pretty gnarly "necklace" across my neck. It looks better everyday, but I can't hide it very well. It has hurt my self confidence. Something that doesn't effect me all that often. I know people are staring and I know it is because they don't know what it is. I wonder if they think I did it to myself?.... Anyway, I will now strive to think about things more carefully before I jump to do them. I am going to make an effort not to stare or gawk because I don't know the circumstances of their scar. Maybe, sometimes, the Lord will give the opportunity to ask. There are miracles learking behind every scar.
I see this to, isn't it just like the devil to take my miracle and turn it around on me? Instead of focusing on that I can talk, I was out of the hospital in a matter of 24 hours instead of 48, and I'm doing well, I am focused on the "ugly" across my neck. I want to learn to focus on the miracle learking mbehind it. Keep praying, I am still getting to where I need to be.
Be Blessed.... And don't stare.... ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful. you have a beautiful heart. you are blessed as am i for just knowing you. those who stare just haven't mastered grace.