Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recovery...

May I start by saying Thanks! Your prayers were heard and I am quickly on the mend. I got to come home yesterday, a full day earlier than we thought. My calicum levels are great, 9.1, which is right in the middle. I will take that anyday!

Alex says the place on my neck looks like a necklace. I told him I didn't think it was a very pretty one, he says, "It is a nice necklace mommy." Oh well, I guess I'll go with him on this. Will doesn't say much, he glances when he thinks I am not looking, but he is okay with hugs and kisses good night, so I can't ask for more than that. Mike has been my hero. He made sure they showed up with post-op meds, and made me mashed potatoes when we got home. He is such a terrific husband and dad. He is even at my home room mom meeting this morning! I simply could not have asked for better!

I am hearing that it only took 45 minutes instead of 1.5 hours to complete the surgery. The gland that is usually 25mg was 400mg and they got it. I am so thankful that it was successful and that now it is over. Also, that talking side effect, didn't really take effect here. I still sound like me and haven't really even been hoarse! They say it may come and go, but so far, I am good!

Thanks again for the prayers. I will blog quite a bit for the next week at least, I can't drive until the neck is not so stiff. Be Blessed...

4 comments:

Sherry Jo said...

God is good! I'm glad that you're doing well! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Did I understand Mike to say you were talking? If that is true, you sure have had a miracle. Not to discount a miracle in that they were able to locate it and remove it in such a short length of time.

You are super! I'll help you praise God.

~~Kerri~~ said...

Chell,
Don't know what all this is but I am glad you seem to be doing well. I would call and check on you but I am a lit confused on your talk availability...
Email me and let me know whats up...
hugs, Kerri

Alissa said...

Michelle, I am SO sorry that something has happened to cause you to have surgery. I don't quite understand what happened hear but I am SO glad to know that you came out on the good side of things! God is GREAT and works miricals every single day, all you have to do is ask. My email address is ali1ssa@yahoo.com if you want to elaborate. People stair at Donavon all of the time and I don't mind as long as they ask question's. I know that you are still beautiful this just makes you MORE unique!