Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Refuse...

The older I get the more I realize that there are happliless people who try to make my life happiless. I work very, very hard on keeping my household happy. Sure, we all have problems. This household is not perfect. But all in all I am proud of the people under this roof..my favorite 3 people in the whole world. And I hope we always strive to be happy.

Sometimes, though, it feels like people are throwing eggs at my house. Not literally, of course, but it's like some are out to make us as unhappy as they are.

Working in a pharmacy, in a public retail setting, we see all kinds. We have a whole lot of wonderful customers. But everyone knows the misserable people. Our favorite saying around the pharmacy is "It must be miserable to be so miserable". Maybe it's fun for them. Maybe they have had terrible circumstances that I will never understand. But I think that we have a God that does not want us to be miserable, no matter the circumstance. Our God does not promote dealing out misery.

Like I said, Michelle or I neither live a fairytale life. We are not happy because nothing goes wrong, we are overall happy because we chose to be. Our washer went out this past week...I was unhappy. I had to work a few extra hours last week because others were sick...unhappy. Gas is over $3 a gallon...again...unhappy. But I refuse to let any other person's unhappiness to cause me to be unhappy. I hope those miserable folks realize that I will never be as unhappy as they are. And I'll just clean the egg off my house...smiling knowing that.

No comments: