Friday, February 15, 2008

Boot Camp...

So, on Monday I started working out in the mornings. I joined a fitness class and we meet 5 days a week at 5:30am! Okay, I'll admit, the first few days were hard, it is getting easier. Today I ran my first mile. I did it in 14 minutes. Not my goal, BUT, I will get there.

I am learning so much about myself from this expierence. Like, I don't like to half do something, I say go all the way, or go home. I like to keep up with the faster girls, it gives me something to try to attain. I enjoy the outdoors, even though on Wednesday it was 19 degrees when I walked on to the track. Thought I was going to freeze. Mike got me long johns and gloves for Valentine's Day! His way of supporting me and I was really excited. I have also learned that I know why people like to run. Tom and Dad have been my inspiration on those cold mornings. I admire Tom so much for his dedication to running. I am starting to understand the challenge of a marathon. So goes my life lesson. Here is my race, not always easy, but always worth it!
Be Blessed...

3 comments:

baseball boys said...

Don't forget....you still have a car...:)ST

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!! I'm the snail in this game of exercise.

God is Faithful! said...

I'm with steph...but you go ahead! we'll roll our window down and cheer you on!
~Peggy