Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thirty-one

Well I decided to abandon my birthday wishes. Michelle and I discussed it and came to a conclusion that a recliner was too impersonal and something we should just go buy as a family. And the elliptical machine...yeah...let's face it I would never use it. Although I still may buy one in the near future, I have nowhere to put it. This office needs a mini remodel with a mass exodus of junk before anything else can come in. The day was spent with my family at a wedding. Since I was with them it was a wonderful day.

So what do I do in my 30's? I would like to start something new in my 30's (I've already wasted a year). In my teens I became a fairly good tennis player and halfway figured out golf. In my 20's I learned how to play the guitar. I need something like that to conquer. Something hard that takes a long time to master. Something you can chomp away with over the course of many years. I've thought of learning the piano or getting better at guitar. I also have thought it would be cool to build fishing rods. There was a gentleman at church when I was young that did that and I always thought it was a unique hobby.

We'll see. I'm still thinking. Of course, I've heard it's harder to learn new things as you get older. But I'm still a young dog learning new tricks.

No comments: