Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Two Weeks Down

Went to the Dr today. He says everything seems to be fine. He tells me it takes 3 months for all the tissues and disc to heal and for scar tissue to mature. During this period I will still be very limited in what I can do. No, bending, lifting, or twisting and nothing more strenuous than walking. I can, though, return to work after 6 weeks (4 more weeks) as long as I stay within the limits. Luckily being a pharmacist is not that strenuous I can go use my brain and not physically work that hard. Which was my goal when I graduated High School. I truly thank God for Him getting me to that goal.

So...I'm not free, yet...as long as I have to be careful there is a chance things could go awry. But I thank God, too, everyday I am having pain-free. I know that I will do my best to recover correctly (and fully expect a great recovery) but whatever happens tomorrow I will be able to handle.

One of the movies I saw last week (Face the Giants) has a recurrent theme that I thought was good:

I will praise God when I win, and Praise Him when I
lose.
Is there any other way? No, but sometimes it's hard to convince ourselves even though know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a GREAT attitude and that will help this process along. I love you and I am so proud at how far you have come!

Michelle