Wednesday, February 7, 2007

New Quote (aka 8 Days)

I had a little more time on my hand (surprising huh?). I dug up my favorite quote of all time. I needed it to put on the bottom of the blog. (I have to make mine at least almost as cool as Greg's) Background...It comes from a speech Abraham Lincoln made to the nation during the middle of the Civil War. Arguably our nations make it or break it years.

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew."

Glen Blevins first introduced this quote to me somewhere in the middle of the many youth lessons we had at Calvary. He told us it was one of his favorites, and it stuck with me. If I ever start framing quotes...this would be one.

Finding the exact wording for this quote led me to many others by President Lincoln. The best site was http://home.att.net/~rjnorton/Lincoln78.html

What an orator. What a leader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike you are the greatest. You have such a sweet spirit and Dad and I "think" we love you!!

Grammy