Tuesday, February 6, 2007

7 Days

It was one week ago today that I sat at the hospital not knowing what to think. I mostly couldn't believe I was having to go through back surgery. I knew, though, that I was hurting beyond what I could cope with, and it seemed to be my only way to get better.

Since my back started giving me trouble last year, I could tell it was changing me. Sure the pain was not pleasant, but I also did not feel like myself. It was hard to take my mind off of the discomfort. Depressed was not the word for it...more like frustrated. Today my spirits are higher. Mentally I am 100% better. Physically I would say 60%. This ordeal will not be over for several more weeks. But I am getting better every day.

Songs seem to get me through many times in my life. Lyrics mean different things to different people in different situations. That is the beauty of a song. A great Jeremy Camp song has helped keep my mind on the One who controls it all.

I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

I have a God who has never failed to be faithful. 30 years. Faithful. If all the "good stuff" suddenly ended tomorrow, I know it's part of God's plan for me. I've learned, too, that if there are plans to choose from...God's plan is the one to go with.

No comments: