Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer time is almost over....

It is amazing to me that in a week summer will be over. How can that be? In a matter of days I will send my 5th grader to his last year of elementary school. I have a 10 year old, who is a 5th grader..... How did that happen? In a matter of days I will send my baby boy, my youngest child, to 2nd grade. He's a 2nd grader.... How did THAT happen? In a matter of days I will get in my car and I will drive myself to college. I will be a college freshman. I am nervous, I am excited, I am going to college. How did that happen? It's amazing to me how quickly in some ways this summer has gone and in some ways it seems like it just started. We didn't go on a vacation or do anything extremely exciting, but we had one of the best ones I remember having. We spent time with friends, we joined the pool and went weekly, sometimes multiple times in a week. The boys had friends over and went to others houses to stay. Will turned 10, Mike turned 35 and my mom turned 50. It's been great summer. Now, we head into what we pray will be a great school year. We are facing new things this school year. The boys are bigger, the work gets harder and I decided to join them. 3 of us doing homework, studying, and looking forward to Thanksgiving break. That's the first one, right? It's an exciting time for the Stafford's. It's a new adventure. We approach with caution, but we are going all in. I hope I can keep up with the blog in this process we are embarking on. I would like to be able to see how we make it in the end. I know the boys will make me proud, they always do. I just hope I can make them proud in the process. So here we go. School year 2012-2013, the Stafford's are coming for ya!

No comments: