Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a Week!

Alex has been through the ringer this week! 4 year ck up and shots on Tuesday and allergist on Thursday. He is allergic to peanuts, trees, and grass. They poked his little back 21 times, he cried until he fell asleep in my lap waiting on results. It was pitiful. We still have to do a blood draw on Tuesday to see what the levels are. I think it is called a RAST test. I think after that on Tuesday we will go to lunch at the Purple Cow, his favorite spot!

Doctor's appointments, school started back, work, Mike had a computer issue this week and had to work late. We could get so heavy with the things of each day, but I am resolving to trust more and more in the wisdon of my Saviour. We have to see to all the blessings that occured within the week of crazy. Alex is fine, we are sad that he can't have peanuts and it makes some days tricky, but we can manage. Other kids have it far worse somewhere. We are thankful for jobs to work late at. Working late means we are feeding our family and staying warm in these cold days. I am choosing to look at the positive side, believe me there are days when that seems impossible. I want to go to bed and try again tomorrow, but with some help we will make it.

2009 is in full swing. I am excited about all is holds!

1 comment:

Snoodle Family said...

Poor little Alex! Poor mom! Hang in there girl!
jenn