Monday, November 17, 2008

Missed Opportunities....

So, yesterday morning, the preacher, my dad, spoke about missed opportunities. You know the ones, you just miss something that is there, take for granted the little things, forget to tell those close to you how much they mean because you always assume they know.

Mike lost an old friend yesterday. He was killed in a car accident. He was young, had a wife, and kids. Yesterday their worlds changed forever. In an instant it was all different. So today, I hugged the kids a little tighter, listened about their days a little closer. I called Mike at lunch to let him know I love him. It is about the simple things. Those small moments we should get lost in. I can't help but think what I would do if it was me at home tonight, wondering about a funeral visitation for my husband or my dad. Did I tell them enough? Do they know how much? I hope so.

Dad, I know you read, I love you! You are a great dad and a wonderful husband to mom. Thank you for being a great papa to my boys. I love you beyond words.

Mike, I love you. You are an amazing husband, a wonderful daddy, and a great provider. You are my world and I am thankful everyday for you!

I hope all my friends know how much I care, but I think this week, I will take the time and tell them. May I encourage you to do the same.
Simple moments, I just don't want to miss an opportunity.
Be Blessed...

No comments: