Thursday, October 9, 2008

The High/Low Game

So at dinner tonight with the kids, Mike worked until 7, so it was just the 3 of us. I decided to teach the boys a new game. We played "high-low". You know the one, you tell a good thing about your day and a not so good thing about your day. I wasn't sure that Alex would "get" it, but thought I would give it a go. Will thought it was a great game. His high was getting to do the different centers in his classroom, he loves that part of the day. I didn't know that, so I am glad I asked. His low was math. He likes it okay, there was just a lot of it. Alex said his "high" was getting his name called at school today for selling magazines, he got his picture taken and all the kids clapped. I didn't know he was that aware of what was happening, but he was able to use it for our game. His low was not getting to pick prizes at Chuck E Cheese, since it was a school trip! I enjoyed listening to them tell me about their day in a new way. I think we will use this a few times a week at dinner, it gets them talking and eating and I like the interaction.
My babies aren't babies anymore. They are becoming boys. Funny, thoughtful, playful, rough housing, wonderful boys. My heart is full and I am so thankful... My high today was them.
Be Blessed...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a great way to hear about their days.

I am going to pocket that for when we have kids.

Alissa said...

I LOVE it, I have never heard of this game and it sounds GREAT!!! I am so glad that you incorporate such quality into dinner and share with the rest of us :)