Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Simple Moments...

Mike had an engagement after work, and we had the carpets cleaned today, so enlight of wet floors and daddy with plans, I opted for dinner out. We started at Chuck E Cheese, just to play some games and burn some energy. The boys were great and enjoyed themselves. So we headed to Mike's store to say hello and good night, since they would be in the bed when he got home. In the car the boys voted for I-HOP, one of my favorites as well, so off we went. May I tell you, I haven't enjoyed dinner like that in a long time. We talked and laughed, yes with my 5 year old and 3 year old. They told me about the day and all the things they did with Aunt Sharon and the other kids. They were a little loud at times, not misbehaving loud, just boys talking to mommy loud, but they obeyed and they ate their pancakes and eggs like big boys.

Then it hit me, I have big boys.... I saw a mom across the way holding a newborn and for a moment I longed to be that mom once again. The smell of baby lotion and the softness of skin. Only for a moment... Then I realized, I am at a different place. We smell of baseball dust and sweaty crocs. But at the end of the day, I still put my precious angels to bed and kiss them goodnight and thank my Lord that he has given us one more of these most precious, undeserved days. I guess I sometimes miss the days of babies, but I love the days of boys. We have lots of great memories behind us, but oh the ones that lay ahead. It's just simple moments....
Be Blessed...

1 comment:

berit_k said...

amen michelle-- aren't they grand in all their dust, dirt, sweat, and stink? even the dirtiest boys are yummy to me.

btw- ihop is my boys favorite place to eat as well...
http://bkimrey1.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/date-nightfamily-style/