Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time Keeps on Slippin

How is it that when you are sitting at work with an hour left in your day, that time stands still. That hour is the longest of the day? If only we could bottle that hour.

Two things happened this past week/today that made me think about time and how it tends to slip by faster than we can blink.

Will turns 5 years old today. I think I share many people's thoughts when I say...How can that be? He and Alex both grow are growing up so fast. Will is to the age where he is very inquisitive. He asks questions about everything. Michelle and I try our best to answer them all. The funniest ever may have been the other day while in Branson. We caught fireflies outside our condo one night and watched them in a glass. Of course lightning bugs bring out some good questions...none of which I have a clue. (How do they do what they do?) But Will's question was well thought out...If fireflies have bottoms that light up, would their poop be lit up too?...brilliant question... With minds like that how can 5 year olds not be alot of fun?

Which brings up my second thought about time. Vacation time. We were gone from Monday to Friday. Folks at work probably had the same old long work week. Me...the week flew by. How can I be going back to work again so soon? Time really does fly when you're having fun.

So back to work on Monday...maybe time will pass by quickly until my next week off!

No comments: