Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Week I'm Glad To See Gone

This is the week I went back to work. 6 straight days in fact. I did it that way on purpose because we usually work 8 or 9 hour days. I decided to make my days shorter and work more of them. It worked pretty well. But it was, by far, my toughest week since my surgery. I didn't necessarily hurt...I told myself if I start hurting I'd take some Ibuprofen and I never felt like I needed any. The only way I can describe it is a dull ache. Aching in my back and legs. After each day I felt like I had run a couple of miles. Not to be confused with the cramping pain in my legs before surgery. But I must say each morning I felt better and Saturday was easier than Monday. I think over the 6 weeks at home I went from a D in physical fitness to a F. I never thought I was in any shape at all before, but this week has proven different. I think maybe this week or the next I will be back in the little shape I was in.

All you can do is take 1 day at a time. Do the things you are supposed to do and avoid the things you can't. At the end of the day you can't forget to rest and give God thanks for the opportunity you had to do your best.

I'm glad this week is over and I'm looking forward to my opportunities in the next week.

No comments: