Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sounds of Spring

I was awaken by our NOAA weather radio early this morning for the first time. I asked for it for Christmas because with satellites, a hard rain or storm pretty much knocks the tv out. The one I got just sits there on my nightstand. You can press a button and get the weather and it tells perfect time. It also gives out a large siren sound (it will wake the dead) and turns itself on when any watch or warning is given for Pulaski County. Everyone should have one.

That large siren sound, though, is the sound of the season changing. We have had 2 storms in the last week and strong, dangerous storms are common at this time of year. Aside from the storms the weather has been beautiful. Things are beginning to green up and grow. Our barren yard even has a few bulbs coming up at our mailbox. Yellow flowers of some sort.


I can't say I want the siren to go off on my nightstand. Just because I'm OK after the siren doesn't mean others are. It is, though, a simple reminder God can teach us about life. To get to the good stuff, sometimes we have to go through the bad. Would we appreciate spring if it were 70 degrees and sunny all year round? As nice as that would be, it would make spring less special. Without the rough things in our lives, we would not appreciate the spring in our life. Our lives would be less special.

I believe these hard times are the exception rather than the rule. It's human nature to remember the bad stuff the most, but there is a lot of springtime the Lord gives us in between the storms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You say it like no other! I enjoy the srping time too, like you I like that it is a special season, just like the rest.
Thanks for your thoughts. I love to read them! I Love You!