Monday, February 26, 2007

Clutter

One of my pet-peeves. Clutter.

I bet, though, you could ask anyone about how much they like clutter in their life and most all would say they hate it. Some people obviously fight clutter better than others. My grandpa, for instance, is pretty much "clutter free". Not a single item in his garage besides a car. He does have a shop, but everything has a place and it is usually found in its place.

Maybe it's how hard we are willing to work at keeping the clutter down. In most matters in life you have 2 choices. Live with it or work hard enough to change it.

Most of the stuff that I tend to collect are keep sakes. It's a part of my personality. It is hard for me to throw away the rock my son brings me from the back yard. He says "Here's a rock for you daddy" with a proud, I love you tone. How can you not put it on your desk for the rest of your life! But...how many rocks can you physically fit on your desk?

I looked for a book to help me out. If you search for books on amazon.com using the keyword "clutter" you get 46,388 results. 46,388 ! ! ! All of them probably come down to throw away stuff you don't use...keep keepsakes.

So is my commission. I have 2 weeks left before I go back to work. I can't do a whole lot, but I should be able to throw some light stuff away. Of course, the rocks will always too heavy.

No comments: