Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Small Stuff Can Be Big Stuff

Life is good. My back is feeling better every day. The weather is beautiful. I can actually go outside and enjoy it. God has been good.

I just finished another book. This one wasn't fiction, though. It's called The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stoval. A "gift" from my Aunt Susan for me to read while I recover. A small book on life and the gifts we need to enjoy it to the fullest. Here was one of my favorite parts:

" When we are living our lives the way we should, everything would be in such an order that we wouldn't change the last day of our life from any other day...Also, if you will consider it, you will realize that there is probably nothing that you would plan for your last day of life that you couldn't do today or tomorrow.

Somehow, I think life's tragedies are made up not as much of the great failures as the simple pleasures and kind gestures missed."

This part was in the chapter "Gift of a Day". As I sit and watch Will and Alex play in the yard I think about these simple pleasures. Who knows when our time will be. Really, I'm not concerned. I am going to try to be appreciative of simple pleasures and kind gestures.

Every single day is a gift. Even if our lives are made up of 25,000 of them.

No comments: