Monday, March 12, 2007

Good Week To Be A Sports Fan (for most)

I returned back to work today. I was really excited about it even though it was only a half day. Tomorrow will be much of the same with Wednesday being the push to a 9 hour day.

Today has been good though. My back hurts very little. I feel more like I used to feel after playing full court basketball at the YMCA for a couple of hours. My legs and back are just kinda achy. I'm confident my legs will catch up in the next week or so. I just have to remember to be careful while it still heals over the next month or two.

It's awesome that the Razorbacks are in the NCAA tournament. Even more awesome that they play the late game Friday, so I won't miss it. Every non-Arkansas opinion is really complaining that the Hogs are going to the tournament with the record they had. Consider, though, the Razorbacks have better rankings that all those left out...even Syracuse has an RPI ranking of 50 compared to our 35. Plus we have a much tougher schedule. If you're Drexel don't complain until you don't have a loss to Rider or William & Mary. I don't know what the controversy is all about. Beating USC will make all the haters go away, and we should beat them (unless they bring the football team to the court). Otherwise we may not get a nod in close situations in the future.

Also while I am on sports...my Dallas Mavericks have won 17 in a row and have a record of 52-9. Of course if they were 9-52 they would be "the" Dallas Mavericks not "my"!

What's cool about the Mavericks this year is that after the first 4 games of the year they had 4 losses and no wins. Worst week of the season right off the bat. Proof that even though your situation may not start good...in the long run it may be the start of something awesome.

No comments: